Thursday, May 12, 2016

Duck's Corner: Da Amber

Well well...the Duck has returned. Now I know it has been like what mouths since I last updated and when Amber released this MV but I really wanted to talk over this MV. Bit by bit I shall read over this.


THE LYRICS 


Cause mom said
I’d be crossing borders
Never be afraid even
when you’re cornered
Stand up straight, fight your way
Fight your way, fight your way

Cause mom said that I'd (you) be crossing borders. Borders. Emotional and physical boarders. However, never be afraid even when you can't run away any longer. Just stand up straight and fight your way through all the hardships. Just go right through the troubles while standing straight.

All these people here
staring and looking at me
Shaking their heads eyes
down strong on me
What’s wrong with me?
Can you tell me now?
What’s wrong with me?
Can you tell me now?

All of the people just staring as they shake their heads while look down upon you. The feelings of worry and fright engulfing your mind and body. Only leaving you to ask, what's wrong with me? What did I do wrong?

The anger, the cruelty, I deserve it
And I’d do anything to
be what they call perfect
Then maybe I could find
a place to call my own and belong
But if only I was strong..

I deserve this. I deserve this anger and cruelty. Thats all you can think as it all wraps around you. If only I was perfect. If only I was stronger. If only I could find a place I belong, but, I'm too weak. Too weak to find that place.

I’ll be walking with my eyes down
eyes down, eyes down
I’ll keep my eyes down
eyes down, eyes down
’Cause mom said I’d be crossing borders
Never be afraid even when you’re cornered
Stand up straight, fight your way
Fight your way, fight your way
Through the borders
Through the borders
Through the borders
Fight your way, fight your way
Keeping my eyes down I'll walk through this. Never looking up to stare at those eyes that look down at me. Stand up straight, fight your way, fight your way. Through all the boarders that surround you just stand up straight. Walk through as you fight your way through the difficulties.
Through the borders
Through the borders
Through the borders
Fight your way, fight your way
Stand up, fall down, up again
Up against the pressure I am in
Slowly but surely I begin
Jumping trains ‘cause I know I can win
Through the boarders you will fall down then stand up again. Stand up against the pressures all around as you slowly jump the obstacles around you. Only because you know you can win. Jump over the trains. Stand up straight again after falling. It's the only way.
Oh fear not ‘cause

I know I’m in His hands
Though I can’t see
I know there’s a plan
So thick the fog but
I know I can trust
The feelings that
I feel when the roads rough

Even when you can't see the end you know that there is a plan. Even with the fog of doubt the only thing you can do is trust the feeling of the rough roads you stand on and will walk down.


I gotta be tough with my eyes down
eyes down, eyes down
Strong in my stance with my eyes down
eyes down, eyes down
’Cause mom said
I’d be crossing borders
Never be afraid even
when you’re cornered
Stand up straight, fight your way
Fight your way, fight your way
Through the borders
Through the borders
Through the borders
Fight your way, fight your way
You just got to be tough as you keep your eyes down on the road below. Standing strong in stance but with your eyes down. Just fight your way as you go through. Through the borders that surround you.
Through the borders
Through the borders
Through the borders
Fight your way, fight your way
No, I won’t play pretend
I can’t pretend
There’s so much more up ahead
All that’s up ahead
No, I won’t play pretend
There’s so much more ahead
Through the borders
Through the borders
Through the borders
Fight your way, fight your way
Through the borders
Through the borders
Through the borders
Fight your way, fight your way
Through the borders
Through the borders
You can't play pretend any longer. There is so much ahead. So much to do. Just go through those borders. Fight your way through. Through the borders.
We all go through tough times. We all know this. But even so we see this as a bad thing. Its not. It builds character. You just need to fight through the stereotypes, the borders, yourself. Fight through them even in the hard times and the rough roads. You just need to fight through. I don't know who is reading this and who isn't. I don't know who you are but I wish you luck on your journey and hope to see you on the other end a new person. The person you want to be. Not what others want you to be.

Weeeeeellllll then...after the feels we are back to our main show.   DAAAAAAAAAA *dramatic music* MVVVV

Now lets get real here. We all know SM. SM and their many boxes.




Well this is like box inception. Like seriously she be in a box room in a box. Well when I first say it I was like what thaaaa...However, as I watched the MV I understood everything. The box was like the borders talked about in the mv. Okay so lets just talk about the beginning of this song. It just wraps you into the song. It is amazing! How the camera moves into Amber sitting in the eliminated box with an image of a small son and mom looking at each other. Then comes in Amber's voice. Amber's voice gives me goosebumps. She's a great rapper and all but in my opinion her singing voice is way better. Now back to the video I really like it how the focus goes in and out as it slowly rotates around her. The fog drifting in as Amber sits there. Then the beat drops. Not like how in most songs that it goes deep DWUUUUUUUUUU, no its a soft one that again sucks you right in. 
Its so beautiful
The next thing you see is a guy standing at the edge of the bridge. Then a girl sitting happily talking on a really old type of phone. Like a type of phone that is still connected to the number dial with a curly cord. Then the dududuuuuus stop and tha Amber begins rapping. Images flash by of the two people smiling at whatever they are looking at. Happy as can be. As the song progresses tho you see that not everything is handy-dandy with the two. Both look at papers with sad expressions. Contemplating life. As they do Amber lets rip of her voice. Singing about how her mom always told her that she be crossing borders and to never be afraid. This is a very strong message. This whole song is. Saying that no mater what you do or what you think you will be crossing borders. Any type of border. However, even when it's hard and everyone is looking down you just need to fight your way through them. Stand up straight even when you are cornered. As the music video goes on you can see the girl standing in front of the mirror holding her arm. As she does she looks at herself. Looking at her body. The man from before stands on a bridge while resting his head on his folded arms. Looking out at the water. The next image shows the girl with her hands on her stomach. Then her hips. Looking at herself. Probably cursing at herself even when in my opinion she is perfect. But we all think that way. We see things that are wrong to us when everyone else sees the beauty. The things that make us...us. She squeezes her arms as she looks at the mirror and the man looks out onto the water like before. Then leaves. Letting his hand drag against the railing. Amber then starts rapping again as the two characters rub their faces with a empty feeling within themselves and their eyes. Finally the girl takes action and rips her posters that she plastered on her wall. Erasing the images that people want of her. Not what she wants of herself. Looking at the bare wall her body moves her to a drawer. Opening it the women takes out pills. This was when I got emotional. I think we all knew what those pills were for. However, the girl piles the pills in her hand but just looks at them. With the screen glutting we see both the women's and the man's feet before they man steps onto the bridge curb. The man rests his hands on the railing and looks out toward the horizon. With Amber's voice carrying on in the background we see the son and mother from before as she strokes his head as he smiles. The mother then wraps her arms around the son and parts his back. With the image changing we see the woman from earlier as she walks out with a straight back and her purse around her shoulder. The last things we see of our characters is them smiling again as the women closes her door and the man looking up at the sky on the bridge. The camera slowly moves out away from Amber in her eliminated box. Only to flicker out. 
And that my friends bring us to a close of the music video. HAHAHAHAHAHA *awkward laughter* Well its been a very long time since we/I posted but please don't be mad. 
 
Well this is amazing this is like the first time that we haven't seen Minho the magic mu...
 
 
Well okay then. Now that we got that over and done with we can now st...
Okay now that thats over we can now say good bye my friends....*fades off into 2ne1/BTS/B1A4 smoke*
 
Okaaaaaayyy theeeenn 
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment